AIED 2023 Conference Scholarship
The purpose of the AIED 2023 Conference Scholarship is to support conference participants who fall into at least one of the following groups:
- Those who live and work in regions of the world that are underrepresented at AIED (e.g., Africa, Asia-Pacific, South America, and Western Asia).
- Those who belong to demographic groups underrepresented at AIED or in Higher Education in their country/region (e.g., minority ethnic groups, neurodiverse people, persons with disabilities, parents/caregivers).
- Those who need assistance with registration costs and/or would not be reimbursed by their institution.
Preference will be given to full-time PhD students and early career researchers who are able to physically attend the conference for an oral or poster presentation for any tracks including the main conference, Doctoral Consortium, and workshops.
Note: Students who submitted a paper to the Doctoral Consortium (DC) are encouraged to apply for the AIED 2023 Conference Scholarship.
The AIED 2023 Conference Scholarship will cover the full registration costs for on-site participation and/or travel subsidy. The exact amount of travel subsidy will be subject to need and funding availability, but it will be no more than 200,000 Japanese Yen (~ US $1500 as of Feb. 1, 2023).
Obligations of Recipients
The recipients of the scholarship will be expected to actively participate in the full conference. During the conference, recipients will be also asked to join the volunteer team . Failure of volunteer participation will disqualify the scholarship.
After the conference, scholarship recipients will be required to send a short report describing their experience at AIED 2023 and how this has helped them.
The applications will be reviewed by AIED 2023 organizing committee members including the Diversity and Inclusion Chairs and the Conference General Chairs.
Scholarship recipients will be reimbursed after the conference against evidence of conference participation and the expenses incurred. The recipients will be also asked to submit the report of their conference experience.
ApplicationTo apply for the AIED 2023 Conference Scholarship, fill out the online application form indicating:
- Title, abstract, and the list of authors of the paper/poster submitted to AIED 2023
- Type of participation—full/short paper, poster, doctoral consortium, track (e.g., practitioner, late breaking results, industry and innovation, interactive events), workshop.
- The motivation to attend AIED 2023 (how attending AIED 2023 will help your study/career)
- Requested funds—registration and/or travel
- Justification for requesting financial support
- Reference from the supervisor/mentor confirming that the applicant is a student (or early career researcher), that they support the application, and that they do not have sufficient support to attend the conference
- Demographic information
The application form:
The deadline for AIED scholarship applications is March 24, 2023 (AOE). The applicants will be notified of the outcome by April 3, 2023.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.