Call for Workshops and Tutorials
AIED 2023 workshops and tutorials are designed to provide an opportunity for the in-depth discussion of current and emerging topics of interest to the AIED community. We invite workshop and tutorial proposals that bring together people working on emerging and developing research topics. Those proposing a workshop or tutorial should provide information on why the proposal is of interest to the AIED community, and why a workshop or tutorial on this topic is beneficial. Innovative and interactive formats are encouraged and will be given priority in the selection process. Workshops and tutorials that take into account the theme of AIED 2023 (“AI in Education for Sustainable Society”) are especially welcomed. Specifically, topics related to bridging the gap between academia, business, and non-profit, topics focusing on preparing future-proof AIED technologies and topics discussing inclusion, diversity, equality, and accessibility (IDEA) in AIED research and practice, will be considered favourably.
Workshop and tutorial proposals should no exceed 4 pages, and should include the following components:
- Length: full or half-day
- Names, short biographies, and contact information of workshop or tutorial chair(s)
- List of tentative program/organising committee members, if applicable
- Proposed timeline for announcing a call for paper acceptance, if applicable
- Content and themes
- Relevance and importance to the AIED community
- Format and activities (e.g., paper presentations, discussions, demos, panels, invited speakers, tutorial, etc.)
- Expected target audience and expected maximum number of participants
- Previous editions of the workshop/tutorial series, if applicable.
- Potential solicitation plans for funding (external funding is not required for acceptance)
Please submit your proposals via https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=aied23
Any questions should be directed to the workshop and tutorial co-chairs:
- Sergey Sosnovsky (email@example.com)
- Lei Shi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Martina Raw (email@example.com)
Proposal submission: February 20, 2023
Proposal acceptance: March 13, 2023
Workshop websites and calls published on the conference website: April 3, 2023
Workshop and tutorial days: July 3 and 7, 2023
Workshop and tutorial chairs will be invited to provide a 4-6-pages summary of their workshop and tutorial that will be included in Volume 2 of the conference proceedings.
The AIED2023 organising committee will support workshop and tutorial dissemination by including linking the websites of accepted workshops and tutorials on the AIED2023 conference website. Organisers of accepted workshops and tutorials are expected to launch their websites (not later than May 3, 2023), identify potential participants, and handle calls for workshop contributions as well as publication of workshop contributions and outcomes. The AIED 2023 organising committee reserves the right to cancel a workshop/tutorial that does not attract enough participants.
When publishing workshop contributions, organisers are encouraged to target well-established workshop proceedings repositories (such as http://ceur-ws.org/) and/or high-quality publication outlets (international impact-rated journals, including special issues within them).
Workshops and Tutorials Co chairs
If you have any further question, please, contact the Workshops and Tutorials Co-chairs: