Call for Interactive Events
The Interactive Events aim is to allow researchers, practitioners, and industry leaders to present their ideas and early work in designing AIED systems. The Interactive Events will help participants engage and solicit feedback from the wider AIED community attending the AIED 2023 conference. Participants will get the opportunity to showcase interactive demonstrations of AIED systems addressing different aspects relevant to Education.
This call is open to all practitioners and industry leaders, but authors submitting papers or posters to the main conference are particularly encouraged to submit to this track as well in order to demo their system during the Interactive Event. The track welcomes multiple types of learning and educational systems that connect to this year’s conference theme, “AI in Education for Sustainable Society”.
The demo systems may include interactive systems running in various modalities such as stand-alone app, web, mobile device, etc., as well as early-stage interactive mock-up applications:
- virtual/augmented reality environments
- adaptive educational systems
- serious/educational games
- intelligent tutoring systems
- agent-based learning environments
- learning management systems
- interactive visualizations
- data-driven and/or analytics based EdTech
- novel AIED interactive tools including authoring tools
Submissions will undergo peer review for relevance to the AIED community in general and as an interactive demonstration in particular.
Please send your submission (proposal + video link) to email@example.com
A submission to the Interactive Events track requires a proposal summary and a video, with the following guidelines:
- A Word or PDF proposal summary, 1-2 pages (font size 12), including:
- Title and authors
- Summary of the system to be demoed, including the context in which it was developed, if relevant
- The system’s potential impact
- Relevance to this year’s AIED theme is a plus (but not a requirement)
- A link to a video (e.g., posted on YouTube or shared on Google Drive)
- Videos should be of reasonable quality, a maximum of two minutes long, and showcase both the functionality and significance of your system
An Interactive Event program committee will be set up with members from the Conference Program Committee. The Interactive Event Chairs (in consultation with this Committee) will select proposals based upon expected interest to AIED attendees, interactivity, scientific value, originality, innovation, and potential logistic constraints. Commercial products are eligible, but sales and marketing activities are not appropriate. We welcome demonstrations of systems that were already presented or published, as long as the submitted demonstrations reveal a new angle relevant to AIED.
Presentation Form and Content
This year, AIED will be a hybrid conference. Each accepted presentation (including interactive events) will be expected to have at least one author registered to attend in-person who will present the demo at the conference.
Note that a “Best Interactive Event Award” will take place. There is also an opportunity to be featured in the IAIED website showcase page, that is being redesigned.
March 6, 2023: Interactive events submission deadline
April 3, 2023: Notification of acceptance to authors
Interactive Events Chairs
If you have any further question, please, contact the Interactive Events Chairs:
- Ifeoma Adaji, University of British Columbia, Canada (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Camila Morais Canellas, Sorbonne Université, CNRS, France (email@example.com)
- Yusuke Hayashi, Hiroshima University (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Manolis Mavrikis, UCL, UK (email@example.com)